Coast Guard Station (AUXOP) Holland History
Located on the south side of the entrance to Lake Macatawa, 1/8 mile east of the South Pier Rear Range Light, Station Holland was built in 1885 and is still operational today.
Holland Lifeboat Station was located in the township of Park, Ottawa County, MI. Some land was turned over to the General Services Administration in January 1964. Later that same year, more land was transferred to the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. A lighthouse had been in operation since 1870. Land for the lifeboat station had been acquired in 1875 and 1884. Currently, a small boat station is located on the northwest corner of Lake Macatawa. The construction of the current building was completed in 1996 and is open during the boating season.