Air Station Cape Cod Public Affairs
Duty/After Hours Phone: 617-717-9609.
Public Affairs Officer
The mission of Public Affairs is to build informed support of Air Station Cape Cod and the Coast Guard by creating and communicating essential messages to the media and general public. The Public Affairs Officer(PAO) is the principal point of contact for the news media about ASCC. Additionally, the PAO coordinates support of public activities and events including: parades, military flyovers, static displays, air shows and open houses. If you have a request, please fill out the Support Request, email it to D01-SMB-ASCC-PAO@uscg.mil and we will get back to you in a timely manner.
Disclaimer: Mission support is a priority and we cannot commit to requests any further than one month out. All are subject to cancellation due to weather or aircraft maintenance.
The Coast Guard does not support any event or organization that discriminates in any way, such as excluding any person from its membership, because of sex, race, creed, color, age or national origin.
Requesting an Air Station Cape Cod Aircraft for a Public Event
Coast Guard aircraft may participate in appropriate public events that help contribute to recruiting or public knowledge of the Coast Guard. Flights must not interfere with operations and be at no additional cost to the US Government. If you would like to request a flyover, SAR demo or static display please fill out a DD2535 and submit it to the nearest FAA Flight Standards District Office at least 60 days prior to your event. Your local FSDO contact information can be found here. Please also fill out the Air Station Cape Cod Support Request.
If you request a HC-144 Ocean Sentry to flyover lower than 1000' you need to request that in a waiver (FAA 7711) which also needs to be submitted to the nearest FAA District Office. Once all forms have been completed they should be emailed to the Air Station Cape Cod PAO at the following email address: D01-SMB-ASCC-PAO@uscg.mil.
The Air Station Cape Cod Community Relations Office is responsible for coordinating all activities between the Air Station and the local community. The COMREL office is responsible for the following:
- Organize ASCC participation in public events such as parades, safety presentations, and ceremonies (For flyovers go to Public Affairs Media Relations Request).
- Contribute Coast Guard volunteers and mentors to local schools and youth programs.
- Afford Military Funeral Honors to Veterans buried in the Bourne National Cemetery.
- Administer the Command Religious Program and Base Chapel. Maintain ASCC's internet and intranet sites.
- Supervise the Air Station's Leadership Diversity Advisory Council.
Partnership in Education
The Coast Guard's PIE program emphasizes four strategies for effectiveness:
- Quality Achievement – improved test scores, increased student interest and increased school attendance;
- Excellence in Education – enhanced student learning in reading , math, the sciences, computer learning and drug awareness
- Improved Educational Opportunities – varied participation in classroom instruction
- Improved Coast Guard Visibility – to create greater awareness and understanding of the Coast Guard and its roles and missions in today's society.
For opportunities to get involved and make a difference in the education of America’s youth, please contact the Air Station Quarterdeck at 508-968-6360.