Welcome Aboard Station Port Aransas Shipmate!
Since 1878 the men and women of Station Port Aransas have remained on watch, day and night, rescuing those in need and protecting our shore. Station Port Aransas was established by an act of Congress in June, 1878. For 30 years business was conducted on land owned by the state of Texas. In 1911, the present site was purchased by the U.S. Government at a price of $750.00.
The station (pictured below) was destroyed during the hurricane of 1919 and was rebuilt. In 1976, f
ailure in the concrete foundation of the building required its replacement. The new building’s look (pictured above) preserved the time-proven designs of the Texas coastal island chain. Living quarters and administrative functions were divided into two separate pavilions covering an area of 20,500 square feet of floor space. This station was dedicated on 19 November 1976.
Today, Station Port Aransas crewmembers continue to protect our shores utilizing a fleet of response boats. Currently, a new station building and boathouse are under construction due to damages caused by Hurricane Harvey.
800 North Station St.
Port Aransas, TX 78373
Click here for directions