Contingency Preparedness and Force Readiness (CPFR)
- Works with local industry and local, state and federal agencies to develop contingency plans for Incident Management, security of waterfront facilities and vessels, and mass rescue operations.
- Develops and maintains local addenda to existing Coast Guard Operations Plans.
- Works with local industry and local, state, and federal agencies to participate and develop Area Maritime Security, Preparedness for Response Exercise Program (PREP), Severe Weather, Continuity of Operations (COOP), Maritime Firefighting, and Mass Rescue Operations Exercises.
- Works with Local Emergency Planning Committees in the State of Maryland and the National Capital Region to develop an emergency response Force Readiness system.
- Coordinates Incident Command System training for local Coast Guard units.