Welcome Aboard Information
1. Congratulations on your orders and Welcome to the Seventh Coast Guard District and to one of the finest Juniper Class Sea going Buoy Tenders, CGC WILLOW (WLB-202). The purpose of this message is to provide information to both the transferring command and member regarding your transfer. Be sure to read this message in its entirety as it holds valuable information to assist in a successful and smooth transfer.
2. We highly recommend you initiate contact with your sponsor as soon as possible to discuss your specific relocation needs and the unit’s expectations of you upon report. Pertinent information that shall be passed to your sponsor and unit YN includes:
- a. Marital and Dependency Status
- b. Any Special Needs for self or dependents
- c. Contact Information: Phone number/Email
- d. Reporting itinerary / Flight Information/ Report date
3. CGC WILLOW (WLB-202) is currently located at the FLETC Base, located at 2000 Bainbridge Ave N. Charleston, SC 29405. Members are to report for duty during normal work hours of 0700-1430. If reporting after normal working hours contact your sponsor or the ship's OOD at 843-529-0158.
4. To gain access to the Unit you will be required to register your CAC Card at the FLETC Visitor-Security office located at 2000 Bainbridge Ave N. Charleston, SC 29405. Directions can be found at https://www.fletc.gov/charleston-travel-info <https://www.fletc.gov/charleston-travel-info>
- a. You will be required to provide PCS Orders, current driver license, Military identification, vehicle registration and proof of insurance. A Coast Guard Decal Is Not Accepted. Personal firearms are not authorized onboard FLETC. Do not bring them in your vehicle when reporting.
- b. Due to strict security procedures at FLETC, Dependents will not be granted access without a proper background check, which takes 3 days to process. Foreign born dependents take at minimum 30 days. You are highly encouraged to request dependent access prior to reporting to CGC WILLOW. To begin the process, refer to procedures located in paragraph 3 of BASE Charleston’s PCS check in CGPortal page, located here: https://cg.portal.uscg.mil/units/dol/dol-3/BCSC/PSD/SitePages/PCS%20Check-in.aspx <https://cg.portal.uscg.mil/units/dol/dol-3/BCSC/PSD/SitePages/PCS%20Check-in.aspx>
5. Many of the questions you may have regarding Charleston and additional relocation assistance information can be obtained from the Base Charleston website https://cg.portal.uscg.mil/units/dol/dol-3/BCSC/SitePages/Home.aspx <https://cg.portal.uscg.mil/units/dol/dol-3/BCSC/SitePages/Home.aspx>
You may also contact the Health Safety Work-Life Field Office Miami Transition and Relocation Manager at (305) 278-6673.
6. Housing: If you plan to live on the economy you must obtain a "Release from Govt. Housing" by complete the form DD-1746, as well as submit a CG-4170 BAH Dependency worksheet, and a copy of your PCS orders (attached) to the local housing officer. Fore interested members, Government housing is available at Joint Base Charleston (Goose Creek). For this you will submit the same forms as above to request government Housing. The CG Housing Officer is CS1 Daniel Hauser, and can be reached at Daniel.firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (843) 720-7747.
7. If you shipped household goods, you should contact the Joint Base Charleston transportation office (843)963-2261 immediately upon your arrival in Charleston to ensure your move goes smoothly and we are able to meet your needs.
8. The following are some useful addresses and phone numbers for newly arriving shipmates.
9. Again, welcome, your tour here will be both challenging and rewarding. We look forward to you joining the CGC WILLOW family!