Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)
VTS Port Arthur has the capability to provide certain information collected in the course of daily operations. Information that may be available includes:
- Recordings of vessels transits based on AIS, radar and/or position reports.
- Audio recordings of VTS radiotelephone communications
- Video from closed circuit TV located along the waterway.
- Transit reports for the VTS Area (aggregate or specific)
NOTE: Communications and vessel transit playback data is only retained for approximately 32 days. CCTV video is only retained for 24 hours.
FOIA requests should be as specific as possible with the following information:
- Your contact information including a phone number
- Detailed description of the records you are requesting including exact dates, times and vessels involved.
- Agreement to pay reasonable fees
- Request should not be in the form of a question. FOIA does not require agencies to answer question; questions posed in a FOIA request will not be processed.
FOIA requests should be submitted in writing via mail, fax or e-mail to:
Attn: FOIA Coordinator
USCG Marine Safety Unit
2901 Turtle Creek Dr.
Port Arthur, TX 77642
2701 Martin Luther King Jr. Ave., SE
Washington, DC 20593-7710
FOIA Officer: Kathleen Claffie
FOIA Requester Service Center Contact: Amanda Ackerson
More Info: website