Coast Guard Station Marblehead History
Coast Guard Marblehead Lifeboat Station was established on June 20, 1874. It is located in the village of Marblehead, near lakeside, on the shore of Lake Erie in northern Ohio. Official opening of the station was in September 1876 with Lucien M. Clemons as the first keeper. Lifesaving Station Marblehead was one of the first seven on the Great Lakes. A more modern station was built in 1921 and the current station was built in 1981.