Coast Guard Station Port Huron History
The original lifeboat station was created in 1898, was known as Station Lake View Beach, and was located five miles north of Fort Gratiot Lighthouse. In 1931, three and a half acres of land surrounding Fort Gratiot Lighthouse was purchased by the government, and on April 13, 1932, Coast Guard Station Port Huron was officially opened. The old Station lake View Beach was abandoned in 1946. A new facility was opened in 2004.