Coast Guard Station Toledo History
Coast Guard Station Toledo began life as a buoy depot in 1938 and was to serve airs to navigation in the area. As World War II grew the services, so did it grow Station Toledo. The station became a procession point for enlisted personnel and buildings were quickly erected to serve as barracks, an exchange, and administration. The unit used to be known as Group Toledo and was home to a lighthouse service tender, an 83 foot patrol boat, a service tug, a utility boat, a surf boat, and several other small vessels.