Coast Guard Station St. Joseph History
Established in 1876, Station St. Joseph has been in the same location since its founding. The facilities have gone through several upgrades and changes, but the overall flavor of the location has not changes much. The most recent renovation occurred in 1997 when the station and boathouse were refurbished. The primary mission was originally Search and Rescue.