Coast Guard Station Ashtabula History
The original Coast Guard Station #237 was built in 1893. By 1938, a new facility was constructed to support larger crew sizes and modernized equipment. By the late 1990s, the habitability of the station was examined due to it's proximity to a coal conveyer and gravel stockpile, as well as limited berthing for females. The current facility was dedicated in 2000.